Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Update letter

Update
Hey guys! I made it to the 1st step in this new journey. I got to camp last Tuesday night. This past weekend I was running my first program of the summer. We had about 14 pairs of fathers and sons come in Friday until Saturday afternoon. It was a great adventure. For many of them it was their first time away from home and out camping. For the weekend we had a nautical theme and talked about how fathers can help steer their sons in the right direction, just as our Heavenly Father steers and guides us. The boys also learned how to ride a horse, shoot archery, shoot a .bb gun as well as riding our brand new pedal carts.

Some amazing things are happening right now at camp. We have a brand new horse ministry starting up called Living Water Stables. A new full time staff member is running this program and taking care of all of our horses. We also have a new family that moved to camp to help with maintenance and general upkeep. It’s so exciting to see a fresh look at camp as these new staff members bring new ideas. Starting next week the summer staff will begin to slowly move in for work projects and staff training.

Please join me in prayer with a few things:

• That the summer staff will adjust well to the many changes around camp, especially the new families that are here. Please also pray for the new families that are going into their first summer working in a full time boys camp ministry.
• Pray for an increase in summer registrations. Right now we are at about 160 kids for the summer. Will you join me in praying that that number doubles! We serve a mighty God!
• Pray as I continue to prepare for Kenya in the fall. Pray that the Holy Spirit guides me in this next season.
• Pray for an abundance of faith and boldness as I continue to raise support.

Thank you so much to all of you who have been praying with me for many months now. I am so blessed to have you all in my life!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

"I wanna be like you"

 Been a few years since I used this site but this has been on my mind for a bit and I need to get it out.  "...Well then my four year o...