Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Single digits!

About 7 months ago I felt like this week would never get here.   And here I am.  I have three days left of work and this time next week I will be at camp starting to get ready for summer.  Seven months seems to have gone so fast! 

It’s so easy to be distracted by the things I will miss.  It seems like every day I’m reminded of at least one thing that I will miss while I’m away.  But it’s so much fun to think about the new adventure that is waiting for me!  I think about this summer and how amazing it is to be going back to work for camp again.  When I left there a few years ago I never thought that this would be happening.  To think about what lies ahead in Kenya just blows my mind!  I never imagined myself doing anything like this.  I mean it.  About 2 or 3 years ago I didn’t even want to fly over the ocean.  I had no interest in the “missions field”.  I was content staying right here in the States and living my life here.  Now, I can’t even imagine my future without Kenya or some other country being a large part of it.  

That’s all for now.  The next update will likely come from my new summer home.  

PS - if you are in the West Chester area on Sunday morning, come out to Providence Church at The Westside building.  Service starts at 10AM.  This is my home church and they will be sending me out.  I will have more information on what this Kenya trip is to me and how you can be praying for it.  For anyone interested, I will also have information if you are interested in financially supporting this trip.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

"I wanna be like you"

 Been a few years since I used this site but this has been on my mind for a bit and I need to get it out.  "...Well then my four year o...